Baldur’s Gate: Durlag’s Tower – #1: Dungeon Master’s Guide – Design Club

Welcome back to design club, A show in
which we analyze the design of a particular game level or mechanic and
this time we’re diving deep. We thought it’d be fun to do something similar to
what James does when he gives design workshops for developers so for the next
five days we’re gonna pick apart the first floor of the Durlag’s tower
dungeon from Baldur’s gate Yep, just the first level. We’re gonna go
room by room and look at exactly how every piece fits together to create the
player experience. Why do five entire episodes just for one
dungeon floor you might ask? Well because to this day Durlag’s tower stands as
one of the finest examples of dungeon design in all of gaming. This media may
have changed a great deal since 1999 but the design principles used here are
timeless, whether you’re building dungeons for a 2D game or a 3D game, a
modern RPG or a retro throwback. But we can’t just jump right into the first
floor of the dungeon below Durlag’s tower just like that. No no no no. Frst we got to talk about how you get to Durlag’s tower. Because we’re a dungeon is located and
how you’re guided to it is a big part of how we experience the dungeon itself
first let’s look at where Durlag’s tower is located in the world of
Baldur’s gate. Right over here. Now this is important because Durlag’s tower is
part of an expansion and while most of the expansion content is way off on the
other side of the map, the designers made a conscious choice to place this tower
pretty solidly between your starting location and two of your first main
objectives, and because of the way zones are linked in Baldur’s gate you’re
pretty likely to stumble upon it early in the game. This is important for two reasons first
because the way in which the player discovers a dungeon affect their
experience of it. Now a lot of games would probably give the player a quest
or an objective to guide them to the dungeon and that’s a perfectly fine
approach but maybe not the best one. Hand holding the player right to the front
door doesn’t exactly create a sense of wonder. Instead if the player can be made to
stumble upon it on their own so that they have this moment of finding something
unexpected and incredible in your world, or if they can be made to feel like
they’ve discovered this mysterious place by piecing together vague hints and
clues, the mere discovery of the place will be a much more powerful experience,
the trick is to design in such a way that almost a hundred percent of your
players will stumble across your dungeon without the
hand-holding. That’s why Durlag’s tower is placed here. The second thing you’ll note about the
placement is that, since the player’s likely to discover this place early on,
they’ll be pretty low-level when they do. Now the dungeon itself is actually one
of the most challenging locations in the entire game and at first blush it might
seem like it would make a bit more sense to put the tower maybe over here near
the other late game content. But as an experience that would feel a little
gamey. The world feels a bit more holistic if there are difficult areas
scattered all around the world, rather than all clumped in one location. Additionally placing Durlag’s tower
near early-game locations makes the tower aspirational. You discover it and
it seems pretty cool, and you try going in and you probably get totally wrecked
and you think to yourself: Hmm, I bet that there’s some cool stuff in
there, I can’t wait to come back and thrash this place later. And when you do
come back 5 levels stronger it feels just great taking down enemies that were
terrifying threats a few levels ago. Imagine if you hadn’t discovered this
place until later in the game when you are already strong enough to tackle it. These guys would just feel like normal
enemies then. Now of course the reason that most games don’t do this is because
having the player died to something they had no idea they weren’t ready for often
feels unfair, like the game is cheating. This begs the question why doesn’t it
feel unfair when Durlag’s tower does it. Well to answer that let’s jump to the
map entrance. Immediately upon entering the zone you meet this guy right here,
and pretty much all of his dialogue tells you that this place is bad news. Notice how this guy also happens to
serve as a merchant. There’s a reason for that. For any lengthy dungeon, especially
if your game limits the amount of stuff the player can carry, it’s
essential to find a way to give the player easy access to a shop keep. This
will radically reduce the amount of time spent fiddling with the inventory, and
radically increase the time spent actually playing the dungeon. And
actually playing the dungeon is what everybody wants, player and designer
alike. Next we have what I call an anticipation
space. The player has just been warned by that friendly merchant don’t go this way
or you’ll die, but then nothing… This builds the tension and then BAM! The bouncers of Durlag’s tower show up.
You know those you must be this tall to ride signs? These guys are that. In fact
these two enemies are far more difficult than what your initially going to
encounter in the tower itself. Now this is the opposite of how we usually build
the game’s difficulty curve, but it’s actually a perfect choice in this
specific case. Because if you’re gonna put a challenging area in a low level
section of your game, it’s super important that you prevent the player
from spending hours frustratedly trying to beat a challenge that’s simply
impossible for them. These two incredibly difficult enemies act as gatekeepers by
putting them out front, the designers know that if the player gets past these
guys, whatever level the player might be, they’re ready. They are skilled enough to
enjoy the rest of the dungeon. After these gatekeepers we have a long, narrow,
seemingly empty path with nothing at all. At first this might seem like wasted
space, but it too has a purpose. See the designers know that some clever players
are going to try to attempt to just run past those gatekeeper monsters instead
of fighting them. And that would be a problem, because like i said earlier it’s
super important that the designers know with absolute certainty that the player
can actually defeat the gatekeepers before they take on the tower. So this
space is designed to trap the player and make sure that even with Baldur’s Gate
plunky pathfinding, the enemies have ample time to kill most of the player’s
party if they try to just run past. Now note that there actually is one trivial
enemy along this pat, right here. This enemy is not meant to be a challenge. He’s here simply to run interference, to
slow down any underleveled players who might be trying to run past the
gatekeepers. Also note the enemy type it’s a doppelganger. Even with this
throwaway enemy, the designers didn’t miss an opportunity to do a little
foreshadowing. The entire design of the outside of the tower functions as one
big gate. If you can get past all this, you’re ready. Now i should note that
there is one minor quest in the game that’s meant to lead you right to the
tower if you’re one of the players who bought the expansion after you already
beat most of the game, but it’s clear that the designers were anticipating
that many future players would stumble on the tower in the course of normal
play, so I’m just gonna move along just note. that even though they tried to make
sure that 80-plus percent of their players would find Durlag’s tower on
their own they, did include a minor hand-holding quest well after the point
in the game that players should have found the tower, just to make sure that
the other twenty percent players didn’t miss out. And now at last we reach the tower
itself from here we can go either up or down, and if i had infinite time to make
these I talk about the upper levels of Durlag’s tower and how they are used
to build the players curiosity about just what happened in this strange tower
and why the place now lies abandoned, but there is just so much designed to dig
into in the dungeons lower levels I’m just gonna dive right in. Join us next time as we get to the real
meat of their legs tower and discuss how encounters are built how traps are
placed and how treasure is stored. See you next time! (Subtitles automatically generated by Google Speech-to-Text, with fixes by Jan Hasebos and punctuation by the Scribe.)

• goose121

yeeaAAAAAH! This is my favourite show!

• Keith Marshall

The designers did make a conscious decision to locate Durlag's Tower where they did. However, technically the location and backstory behind Durlag's Tower were already outlined in the 2nd Edition Campaign Setting and Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast (its south of the Woods of Sharp Teeth).

Dopplegangers were also part of the existing history of Durlag's Tower (they are brought up in Volo's Guide).

• Fearun9033

j

• MichaelCayne

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is what I want, and need. More please! More level design from other game genres, more enemy design, item generation and story links, more everything. Have I said thank you enough?

• Devin

Durlag's Tower may be a well designed dungeon, but I feel that Baldur's Gate itself is a poorly designed game.

• Leo Schue

Shit, this is really well-designed.

• Infinit_Phoenix

Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes RaaaaGGGGHHHH!

• Evan Lea

I FUCKING LOVE BALDUR'S GATE

• Cesar Abraham Dominguez Garza

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• digital wayfarer

Durlag's Tower was so good. Exploring it for the first time as a kid was one of the apogees of gaming for me. The oppressive atmosphere, the slowly unveiling story of madness and despair, the sheer scale of the place, the occasional rumors of something terrible waiting in the darkness far below… and oh god the traps. The single best dungeon in RPG history, in my opinion.

• Daniel Linder

Awesome episode!!!!

• Sam Vente

I really love these episodes. I wish you guys would make them more often!

• Lola Bradford

Wait, sorry, I haven't played the game, what is the significance of the Doppelganger?

• Knight Loltrec

we need more design club

• SuperRandomneZ

I am going to steal this dungeon for my D&D campaing, that's where it originated if i'm not mistaken?

• Ettina Kitten

Reminds me of discovering Uldum while questing in Tanaris. I knew I was heading into a dangerous place, because WoW very clearly communicates your relative level to your opponents and I saw a turtle or something that was so high level it just showed me a skull. But I was so curious because I'd just stumbled upon it accidentally, so I snuck in, got killed a few times, and then got bored and left. I vowed to check it out once I was high enough level – and it turned into one of my favourite zones in WoW.

• William Bowles

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"

• Volvagia1927

For the next one of these, can you talk about a great JRPG dungeon? Some of the design principles here are kind of similar, but there's enough that is, by necessity, different that I think it's worth discussing. (Random encounters v exactingly chosen encounters, the commonality of Magitek vs. the preference for hard core fantasy and what that says about the genre gulf and linear, strictly combat oriented, levelling vs. actual skill tree systems and the need to account for and/or congratulate different builds.)

• Lathyrus Loon

me, in the first minutes of video: hm, this looks interesting, but I think I just want mindless entertainment right now…I'll switch right after he finishes what he's saying….
    ….video ends
    guess I'm watching all 3 videos!

• Chad Wolfe

Gatekeepers, throwing in random difficult areas. It's like comparing the realism of Skyrim and Oblivion. Skyrim holds your hand throughout the entire game. On the other hand, Oblivion throws you in areas where you have to be careful to survive. You have to make sure to stay away from the Oblivion Gate when you first start, and they let you know by having people yelling at you about the danger that awaits. Where in Skyrim, you can find those areas, monsters match your level, and it's much harder to find hard to beat areas. Aside from that, the main quest was too strait-forward. It led you through each part of the starting quest to Riverwood, and the next area was right down the road. Oblivion, though, led you to a completely random location NEAR the Imperial City. If you don't pay close attention to the journal logs, you'll find yourself wandering all around the world…

In other words, if you make an RPG, takes inspiration from games like Baldur's Gate. They know what they're doing.

• TheWorld Says

What a great game all around. I still play it. That and Planescape.

• Andrea

Yay informative videos 😀

• James StarRunner

I was actually just playing this game once again. XD

A very fine example of good game design! It was tough, but soooo fun!

• Fearofthemonster

I find this hilarious because I got bored and never completed the first level of this game.

• Domlani

+Extra Credits
    You've probably been asked this a few times but is Design Club back for good, or is it going to disappear again after you finish talking about Durlag's Tower?

• mythirdchannel

loving it! 😀 I'm really looking forward to this series, and that's even though I have never played any of the Baldur Gate games at all (I bought one for my brother for this birthday when we were both much much younger, and after it proved to be too difficult for us to figure out, we replaced it for Diablo II, no regrets there 😉 even though I now know what Baldur's Gate games are, which really, back in the day neither of us had a clue).

• xGIxJOKERx

I love me some Baldur's Gate. I never bought this expansion for some reason, and now when I want to go back and play Baldur's Gate, I play II. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.

• StrimClocks

Here is hoping that you guys have time to talk all about Durlag's Tower later on. Maybe Extra Play or something

• GamingNobility

Omg! I am actually playing this game for the first time right now! Just saw the fourth part posted, and I was wondering when you started this series! I saw the place at first and left after the merchant guy said it was dangerous, like what you guys said. Should I actually stop watching these videos and play the tower first by myself? These videos are so nice though, and I always love them!

• TheHeadHunter1000

Why do the heros not eat Rock Imps? You get Boulders Gait.

• PattPlays

Fantastic! Just in time for the high point of incoming 5E first-time DM's to have this info

• FrankieSmileShow

About Durlag's tower being accessible from the start, are you guys sure about that?

This video (and another, HUGE video about BG from Noah Gervais, highly recommended) made me want to play the game through again, and I find myself unable to get to Durlag's tower!
    I just beat the Nashkel mines and im trying to get the area to appear in my world map, and I cant. Been using the wikis now, and areas they say are meant to lead there don't seem to work. Been going in all the areas around it! Then I searched online some more, and got some people saying the area appears when you get the quest to go there at the endgame.

If anyone here could actually get to that area early, I'd appreciate some tips, because it seems inaccessible here! I never had Tales of the Sword coast so Im pretty excited to see that dungeon, especially if its as impressive as EC implies in this video. I want to give it a shot myself before watching the rest of this series.

• ballom29

Hum

Actually the "difficult challenge at beginner location" or "turning a beginner location to a living nightmare" is something semi-common
    Even pokemon do that
    ….
    Even SAO who disrespect a ton of RPG content do this ( the underground of first floor with ennemies as strong as 90th floor booses )

• Zack King

Nice. Durlag's Tower was excellent.

• Mohammed Safiuddin

I like games with intricate mechanics but baldurs gate 1 grinds new players early on making the experience near joyless granted storyline was intriguing but having to come up cheap hacks to grind away at overpowered enemies gets dull very fast

• McJasper

I love Extra Credits, but I love this series more than nearly all others. You MUST evaluate the rest of the dungeon. I'm going to leave this exact comment on the whole series so you are forced to perform this exercise for the whole she-bang!.

• Colin Smith

I have to say, I disagree with the reason the 'it instantly killed me' aspect of Durlag's Tower wasn't a problem. The reason is because Baldur's Gate did that. A lot. I think just one map south of that there was an area where you could run into a pack of dire wolves, winter wolves, wargs, and a vampire wolf. Just a little north of your starting location, you can be randomly ambushed by Ankhegs (though you do get a bit of a warning). There's one place where a nymph will walk up to you, talk to you, and insta-kill any male lead (which was usually the MC and meant an end to the game right there). You could stumble into Ogre Mages, mummies, and swarms of high-level kobolds in maze-like paths with traps, and more, all just kind of scattered around willy nilly with little if any warning. And you died. A lot. And it was glorious.

Ah, those were the days.

• The God Emperor

That strong area kinda thing interacted with normal worlds is why I love things in a Souls game if I can walk into that area or in Dragon's Dogma or even Deus Ex (there are some areas that are harder if you don't have the right skills and such).

It's a great challenge.

• PsyrenXY

DESIGN CLUUUUUB

• Maria_T

oooh this is so cool.

• Gregg rulz ok

That was fantastic! More design club please!

• Nathan S.

HOLY CRAP GUYS DESIGN CLUB'S BACK

• Kinzuko

is this balders gate 1 or 2?

• Moth Tolias

good grief, why is this game so poorly lit? I can barely see anything at all

• Benjamin H

In the most recent version of the game, the Durlag's Tower has been moved to the right of the "Basilick" map, so it's much harder to stumble upon it by accident while you're still a noob.

• Jamie Ngo

I swear your face got fatter guy in green

• Reemus4

The next time I get FUCKING TELEPORTED TO MY DUNGEON FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK… I remember this awesome entrance.

• Bobicus5

This has opened my eyes to a different way of thinking.

• Kalernor

Does this mean Design Club is back or is this just a one time thing?

• kizo82

Just hearing that music… goosebumps

• Thomas Cook

Oh god, that music is so fucking good. Baldurs Gate 1 was supreme (personally much preffered it to BG2) Memories… 😀

• Cubic's Rube

0:34 – "Why do five entire episodes just for one dungeon floor, you might ask? For maximizing that sweet, sweet Youtube ad money, that's why."
    I mean I'm not trying to be too cynical here, I enjoy most of your content, but be honest: This could have easily been two 15-18 minute long videos, and it would have been just as fine.

• Sephard Banks

This seems like something I will enjoy a lot! Great 😀

• MrDernagon

I find it interesting that one of the very first clever things about Durlag's Tower (it's placement in noob zone) is deliberately removed from the Enhanced Edition. I'm finally getting around to play that version and just discovered that the map can no longer be accessed randomly in the earlier game. Some fans might argue that this is further proof that @beamdog doesn't know what they are doing. Nevermind what I've heard about their very strictly linear campaign and level designs…

• EternaMidnight

This is so nostalgic to me, I learned how to read from watching my dad play this game. Those maps, that music at the end <3

• Cataegis Ira

Welp, I could've sworn I did everything in the first Baldur's Gate, but I don't remember Durlag's Tower at all. Time to reinstall the game and play it.

• William Writepony

Makes me wish I could get my copy of Baldur's Gate to work on GOG. Ah well. I got the Enhanced Edition on Steam… could try that.

• Michel Prioleau

why the extra high pitch voice ? it's irritating and really doesn't have any goal ?

• Luke Wang

lol "gatekeeper" monsters are so much better than level requirements

• Kieron

I remember watching these Durlag's Tower episodes when they first got uploaded. Whilst I dont have the income or work environment to make games(which I've wanted to do for a while) I still watch you're channel.

I'm making a dungeon for my DnD group (Im a new GM) and remembered about this set of episodes. The changes I made to it after re-watching these 5 videos made it infinitely smoother and more enjoyable to play. For example, the next episode where you talked about Ghasts and the poison trap really started spinning my creative-self.

Something I've noticed from watching this channel as a whole is that the episodes, whilst seemingly non-related (to a certain extent) actually interconnect in a creative way. I can't remember which episode(s) you mentioned it but you talked about avoiding backtracking if possible.
    My dungeon has several hubs (spawned by this series) however they were spread apart due to the scale of the stronghold, so I started thinking to myself ~how do I prevent useless backtracking?~ Within minutes I had my answer. Teleportation circles linking each hub with one another. Two seemingly unrelated episode(s) combined to help create what will hopefully be an enjoyable few sessions.

The time and effort everyone puts into this channel is astonishing and I applaud you for being an inspirational beacon to not only game designers, but also GM's

• Trebonius Flonius

The music is killing me even though I've been revisiting this game every other year for 18 years.

Great video, I never gave much thought to where the Tower was located, but after discovering it I avoided it entirely on my first few characters because I was scared shitless. When I eventually decided to enter, I was probably the most apprehensive I've ever been in an rpg.

• Ethan Schmidt

Wait, I've played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 many times, but I've never even heard of Durlag's tower… and it's supposedly the first level? I'm confused. Are we talking about an expansion or different game here? Baldur's Gate 1 starts off in Candlekeep and the first dungeon in the story you go to is the Mines of Nashkell. Baldur's Gate 2 you start off in Irenicus's dungeon and have to escape (literally one of my least favorite dungeons. It was good to start the game on, but when you want to restart and do another playthrough, it sucks.)

• Jorge Lopez

They should really do more episodes like this.

• Goblin Rat

About the placement: While I guess the location of Durlag's Tower DOES make it all that, there's also the fact that it was canonically in the Forgotten Realms setting, at that approximate location (it's mentioned to be south of the Wood of Sharp Teeth in Volo's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, which Larswood there on the map is part of) many years before Baldur's Gate was made. So, possibly not so much intentional design as a happy coincidence.

Everything about the tower itself likely still applies, since I don't think any earlier material went into much detail about what exactly was in there, just that it was a really Big, Bad, Dangerous dungeon and about the backstory and the general idea of the place. But the location was more or less determined already.

• Enrico Boccardi

Sottotitoli in Italiano approvati! Grazie per la revisione 😀 commentate qui se qualcosa non va bene!

• Kashmoney99

Really great video, but the voice effect is really distracting and gets just a little annoying.

• Benjamin Testa

Design Club is fantastic

• Zenyth

there needs to be more episodes design club!! I love it 🙂

• SaysRobert

A simple speed potion can get you past the two guards outside at lv 1.

• Laser spellHawken

Honestly, I just L.O.V.E making dungeons for D&D. I find it so much fun.

• Martin Leonardo Rocha Mercado

Do this applies to table top games like D&D and the like?

• Olivia Williams

Kinda a shame they moved it in the Enhanced Edition

• Juulintraincars

do a design club on a destiny raid

• Kel'Thuzad

Baldur's Gate? Shut up and take my sub!

• Horacio pereira fretta

I read duwang tower '-'

• Vincent Silva

I see similarities with many games. Pokémon put the final gym in the second town. Terarria put the skeletron boss before the dungeon

• Dmitrij Bugajev

In the current version of BG:EE, they now actually make you go to Ulgoth's Beard to reveal the location of the tower. And tower itself has been moved. I guess they decided that putting high-level content in the middle of the low-level areas was not a good idea after all.

• Andrew Chang

Someday design club will return for real.

• illin

Thank you, that's a really valuable information!

• TNT MAN

Baldur ís á Icelandic name and I'm Icelandic

• Stephanie Annemie Hanson

With regards to the bouncers, I wonder if it might both be advisable to have them be both essentially a check to see if the player is skilled enough to beat the dungeon and also slow enough to be escaped from once the player realises things are going south. The merchant definitely acts as a first order check for what sort of levels you should be at, as if the equipment that's being sold is wayyyyy better than yours then that should be a clue, but providing more than one would probably be advantageous.

• ViralesVideos

you are amazing keep it going!

• John Robbie Dela Cruz

Who voiced this? He sounds like the Salarians from ME, its amazing.

• sparrow sparrow

That dungeon is TORTURE and tedious as hell, not having any fun. I am NOT sorry.

• Xuan Bach Lai

So it's like a secret super boss except not secret at all?

• Metalhammer1993

wo man this is a great analysis. gonna watch the rest of the series cause damn just the beginning explanation is great already. i always wondered whjat the battle hgorrors were for. Scarecrows? but yeah bouncers describes them well .cause lets be real who doews not shit himself if he see´s battle horrors in BG1? i remember the joyride with the two in the cloakwood mine they were stronger than that mage boss or the battle horrors in the maze in baldurs gate. but it never occured t ome that they really were a test. For me they were flashy neon signs to get the heck out: this is supposed to be ridiculously high leveled stuff. You´ve just learned to count: don´t try to tackle quantum physics! but sure yeah if you can keep up with battle horrors you definitely are around party level five (cloakwood) which still would make the dungeon ridiculously hard or solo max level which is for once even nuttier (normally you´re at an overwhelming advantage playing solo but not in in DT ) but you will make good progress unless you´re me and are to stupid for the wine riddle^^
    and yeah that long entrance just gets your palms sweaty even as a seasoned player. i go there i´ll get sweaty palms. because this corridor with battle horrors and later the doppelgangers is just unique in bg1 tosc. it just screams: prepare your behind quarters to be kicked by yours truly: Durlags tower

• Lord Bones

But… the tower is useless? And pretty poorly designed. There is no loot going in there for.

And you can easily beat the entire tower around level 5-6. The "final" boss of the tower is easier than the first battlehorrors you meet, and dies in a matter of seconds.

• Aaron Belman-Wells

I, having played through all of Baldur’s Gate, never even heard about Durlag’s Tower until I saw this video, yet I still managed to get to be a lvl 24 necromancer and win the game somehow.

• ALittleLillypad

Wish you guys would make more of these. They were so good.

• Marcel Carlos

I really miss this series

• Nacho Vanhardisk

5:55 I'm really curious to know what exactly is that 'hand-holding quest' that involves a beggar. The only ways I know how to get to Durlag's tower is by map linking and accepting Ike's tourist tour in Ulgoth's Beard. Didn't play the original game, just the EE. Does anybody know?

• Justin Vance

I honestly found this dungeon more difficult than the last fight

• Wdf1987

Something about these videos just scream 'pedophile'

• A Dank Potato

durlag's tower and watchers keep are amazing

• lakkakka

I just walked into durlag's tower.

• reflectionist

2:25 – This is why there should be a large-scale Avatar TLA RPG. Seriously. Go watch Avatar from the beginning, with this type of critical eye. It actually works pretty well as a game design pitch.

Why was Aang frozen for 100 years? So NPCs could give meaningful exposition.

Why does Aang have a mount? Because he starts on an island.

But why couldn't he just take a boat? Because they're booby-trapped and belong to the bad guy. One-Star Wanted Level…for Honor.

What about scaling difficulty? The Avatar Cycleis an elegant solution, ensuring that the "Water Tribe" and "Air Nomad Temples" are probably going to be low-level, then the Earth Kingdom would be mid-level, and the Fire Nation would be end-game..

You guys DID play Magicka, right?

• McHrozni

My only beef with the tower is that there is nothing in there worth taking. A horde of potions is fine and all, but would it hurt to include something like the Crastomyr as the final reward? Maybe a demonic version when you kill the final (and rather annoying) demon in Ugloth's beard?

Saving the world is fine and all, but compensation is better.

• cocomunga

I got owned by the Battle Horrors and when I saw them right before you fight that mage I was like oh god. Battle Horrors are pretty horrifying.

• Duchess Van Hoof

As Baldur's Gate is the penultimate fantasy nostalgia and the sequel has the best writing ever seen in D&D… I want you people to do the whole tower someday.

• Joel Allen

Just spend days rolling characters and create multiplayer game. Instant win. Love those days when you could actually cheat.