• Philbytronic

I think Chrysler bought Jeep in 1987.

• Andy's Dog House

Great video. I have a couple of questions. I am restoring a 1954 Dodge Fargo and the paint is 65 years old. now I have done some body work and there is more to do. When it comes to paint the truck do I prime the entire truck because there is primer, old paint and bare metal. I have no idea what kind of paint was used in 1954. Oh, by the way, I am painting it flat black. Not Hot Rod Black. I don't like the finish. It is too shiny. So I am trying to find some other paint that is duller. Any ideas??? Another thing, Flash time is very confusing. Now say it takes 30 minutes or so to spray a set of doors and fenders. When does flash time start??. Say I started fender # one, 30 minutes ago. I am past my flash time on my first fender and ahead of me flash time on another. So when does flash time start. Does it start when the first fender is done, or when the last door is done 30 minutes later??? I am not being a smart ASS, I want to know because I have my truck to paint and I don't want to screw it up and have to do it twice. It is too costly. Thanks for sharing.

• Angel Gausin

Is primer sealer the same as epoxy primer?

• Guillermo Nieri

Great lesson. Thank you.

• gonzo7188

Awesome info. Thanks.

• William Barrett

Is there a way to tell if a urethane paint sealer was ever put on? I paid a shop to paint my car with sealer+single stage and I'm not sure sealer was ever put on. @Car Addict Garage

• Mike Fowler

Love your videos! You explained it very well!

• JDPower 55

Thanks for the video Donnie. I have heard other channels recommend spraying metallic with all the body panels in place on the car, but with my truck project I'd rather spray with them on stands, good to know if you orient them properly you can spray them off the vehicle.

• B E

Newbie question here…
    I bought 5star #5451 highbuild 2k primer and realized I may hit some metal seeing that prior owner used mystery paint and looks like he hand rolled the paint on haha. I’ve seen the prices of some etching primers and I’ve seen some $20 SEM or Upol aerosal self etching primers. Can I use aerosal self etching primer on exposed metal and then spray my urethane primer? Will it react and mess everything up?

• Z

Chrysler bought out AMC IN 1987

• William van Gils

For a small job, can a rattle can product like Dupli Color Auto Primer sealer be used?

• Jorge Ivan Troche

That dude don't know how to paint. There is no technique the way that dude is painting.

• David Ahders

Great video and clear instructions Thank you.

• Mike Tuttle

Good explanation.  I have been looking for this kind of response.

• Kush Bush

When spraying a panel for repair, how do I avoid sealer overspray on the blend panel? Could it be my air pressure too high or technique?

• Okie-Tom

Nice video. Good information, especially for someone just starting out!

• Fili Tamayo

I thought you had to spray sealer on bare metal first , before primer then primer .