This Incredible Painter Is Only 15 | My Shopify Business Story

Your right brain is your creative and artistic side and your left brain is more your analytical and scientific side. My left brain is definitely more focused on the more science aspect of my life and my right brain is more focused on kind of like tying and fusing together in the art and fashion world through, various mediums. I’m Evan. I’m an artist. I’m an entrepreneur and I’m 15 years old. I went to Paris when I was around 9 or 10 and we decided to stop at the Louvre one day. It kind of just hit a hue with me. Not only the composition of the paintings, but just the feelings that they resonated within me. And so when I got home, I just really wanted to recreate that feeling that I had there. Probably by the third or
fourth canvas, he was creating things that had really interesting composition,
really interesting coloring. Even before I grab the canvas and do a couple of weeks of research about the personality, about their life. About the culture of that specific location and I try to combine those elements into the painting Once I actually approach the canvas, I keep on thinking about the landscape and that person until the last moment when
I put the brush to the painting. One of my main inspirations, kind of what got me into being interested in art in the
first place actually, was DaVinci. He’s a scientist, he’s an artist, he’s a writer. So they’re multiple different components and influences and inspirations into one piece. He watched Jackson Pollock paint,
he watched Jean-Michel Basquiat paint, and he watches scientists do things. He’s always had I think a pretty broad understanding of different things. I have a $6500 bid, last call. Sold! When I sold my first painting it was just a super cool feeling knowing that someone out there supported my art and was willing to pay money for it. What comes to my mind is the same thing that comes to everybody else’s mind which is you can’t believe what you’re looking at.
A 12 year old painting such an incredible piece. In the world of technology and everything. I think it’s just super important that we stay true to who we are. Go outside and experience nature. I think that nature is definitely one of my big inspirations both in life and in my creative process. There’s a lot of people who work in a job nine-to-five and they’re dissatisfied
and they come home and they spend one or two hours maybe on something their passion project and I don’t think that’s a good way to live. So I think whatever he ends up doing, he comes home from work, and he just goes man,
I just knocked it out today. It was a great day.

• Ghostboyss

My mans looks like every guy in a NYC school.

• hph081000

Talented yes, prodigy no.

• itzMintyyミント

Where's the child prodigy? I didn't see them at all in this video.

• 水卜

His paintings look fun but in nonway is he a chikd prodigy if you look at all t abstract work by the old known masters they knew how anatomy and realism worked theybworked hard for it so they can understand the fundamentals of painting and drawing
    Their abstract work is upon that and their already famous name

Not saying this kid is bad but he sure takes inspiration be these people
    I'm curious to see his actual work and studys

• King Pigeon

Wow…👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Winona Wins

I am sorry i dont understand the title i dont understand this art and i dont understand people😐.

Anymore of such success stories and i am going to kill myself 😕🤐

• DelRico Papi

Use different color paint and draw with the less dominant hand..BOOM!!! I MADE YOU A PRODIGY

• ManiDProductions

meh

• B̸i̵r̵d̷y̷b̸o̴i̵

JADEN SMITH VIBES INTENSIFYING

• Brosh Brolin

My daughter is 9 and she has better perspective Drawing and her Draftmanship at her age is like 7/10 and she produce better Drawing now she s studying Color and Light, i dont think that she s a prodigy bc she s studying a lot.

• A M Fitzgerald

Very good

• NoySy MachiNe

Just because the colors are a bit abstract doesn't make him a prodigy. I've seen a ton of people under 15 produce better artwork than that.

• Jack Whitcher

fuckin rich kid whos parents are to rich dont give him the fuckin spotlight

• AL SAULSO

I respect the fact that he is following his dreams!! 100% support the fact he has chosen art!! But give him time!!!!!! At 15 he will change his mind! At 24 he will change his mind!! Trust me!! I was him! So I know somewhere down the line this will happen!!

• Nick Larko

Where my graff writers at???

• Billy peep

I wish I was rich to get an option to make it in the art world

• Billy peep

Also he brought nothing new to the art world why does he paint ? what did he wanna convey with his art?

• Melody Evans

When you realize that this kid is the kind of person who wears his own merchandise.

• thedeathmachine666

ill never understand the people who think random paint splatter and abstract shapes is a genius form of art but what ever to each their own.. the abstract guys might be blowing smoke up this kids ass but the rest of the community is gonna call a spade a spade. the shit is not even clever .

• Penpen

Watch as this rich child explains how he was inspired by his international trips with his rich parents who could afford supporting him with materials and had connections to auction off his paintings to other rich people and how special he feels that someone would support his art as if it were something he never would have achieved having rich parents with connections.

• loboestepario2424

I suppose his narrative works from a marketing point of view. I see no prodigy though: the canvases shown are derivative of Basquiat and Picasso.

• Bryan Fernandez

Am I the only one that just thinks this kids art just looks like some more colorful Basquiat paintings (especially the portraits)

• EyhTwo Zed

Good marketing skills. The rest are meh…

• vidmario bros

No man this is not a child prodigy. We don't even know if he actually knows skills in art such as anatomy color theory perspective etc all I see is that he just so happens to have an abstract style similar to picasso. It doesn't mean he's as good as picasso because pisasso spent years studying art and decided to make his own abstract style. This kid on the other hand is just inspired by his style so in return paints similarly to him.

• J Frances

Why is everyone coming for him. His art ain't bad at all. Why compare him to other young artist, everyone has a different way to Express themselves. It's not his fault his parents are rich either. Y'all should stop making him feel like his art is useless or something.

• James Benton Ticer

Its amazing and confounding that in the 21st century we still talk about left vs right brain. Open up a modern text on neuro science and read it. This is about as obsolete as belief in jesus or some other nonexistent diety.

• NoNamePen

Lol

• Jason Teneyuque

Whoa whoa whoa, I think the real prodigy is the man that media trained this kid, I sniffed the bullshit comin outa his mouth

• Seth Chambers

2:04 a 12 year old I thought he was 15 that explains the voice. I'm confused

• Henry Berrisford

His paintings are pretty fucking good. I can barely believe he did those. Also I want those Chucks he’s wearing lol.

• Felix Sahetapy

To be honest tho..
    Everytime I saw a young potential artist, i feel like I should quit being artist, cus they're better than me

Keep it up Evan you got this.

• Sean Santamaria

The way this is shot is so fucking cheesy. Just shut up and paint.

• Juan Segura

This is dumbest shit I’ve seen lmfaoo

• rey bladen

Beauty is subjective but skill is not. He's no prodigy.

• Nelson Villegas

I think his work is okay, but I wouldn't call him a prodigy. Abstract art is essentially the absence of conventional art fundamentals. But hey, I'm not an artist, so what do I know.

• ninetalesthefox animates

He got a off white hoodie dayamn

• Anon Amus

I Don't believe it. Or feel it

• Evidencia Inteligente Isaias 40:22 Contreras

Good for the young person ! I am glad that he has a new opportunity in life! But I do not like his art at all !

• I Am Boxelz

Wait… Okay… Um… I could probably make paintings like that. What he's doing is just making the painting feel special by adding random colors, if one were to paint over the top of one of these paintings to remove the weird colors… suddenly the artwork is awful because of the proportions.

• NilSpace

Seriously he’s bad its amusing how abstract art made everyone a “prodigy”. And his family got him into it with their contacts. I walk downstream I see 100 more talented artists on the pavement

• XpRnz

A prodigy.. Let his balls sink in first. His art is bad, period! It truly has nothing on anything out there. Even for an amateur he is very mediocre. I bet his fundamentals are completely absent, he paints 'abstract' as an excuse because that is the only way he knows.

• Sanjay

I am not saying he was privileged so it was easy for him art is hard you have to be at constant practice to get better at whatever you are doing and at his age I was not doing NOTHING but the most important thing that makes someones life a better place mentally and physically is the support from their parents…!!!

• ACG Medical

Who paints in a $700 off-white Lisa hoodie ? Really dude!

• D N

Man, the kid's voice sounds so abrasive to the ears. I initially thought it was the sound quality but the other person sounded okay. Also, were 4,276 shots of his shoes necessary?

• Bobbi Floss

Hey Evan, you’re a fucking moron

• Not your angel

He’s a great artist. But prodigy? No… His art are what my sketches can sometimes look like. What my friends maths books doodles look like. Don’t get me wrong good art is good art and I wish all the best for him, he’s talented. But he’s not a fucking prodigy. Stop overhyping shit.

• Judgement Edge

ohhh my god who the fuck cares if your 15 and do good art so do other 15 year olds… Now get out of my recommendeds

• Rhys Matthews

Im a 8 year old artist

• nathan8urns

Is he colorblind?

• BigHead Studios

https://youtu.be/T4mRBf6J7ts. Every artist a genius period. Lmk what you think of my art if you got some time on ya hands you don’t know what to do with🤘🏼🥴 this is just one of my videos

• gємιиι ιѕ ιиѕαиє

Im 10 years old
    I cant paint good, i paint landscapes pretty okay, but i draw very good, eyes are my specialty heh..
    I want to be known for my art and i might make a channel soon…maybeeee maybe not
    Im kind of a coward ;-;

• Herne

Poor kid is gonna end up in a dark place when the bloated parasite that is the art world has had its fill and moved on to the next child prodigy.

• Melahat Kavak

Wooow amazing work you very intelligent boy well done excellent beautiful wonderful at this age i love it

• Lesli Briggs

Well I think he is wonderful, and art is subjective to each person.

• Liam Keary

Nein he is not. I'm sorry but these people are just taking advantage of him i like the art but cmon, like

• Beena Chaturvedi

This guy is artist b coz he is rich…..

• tina

these paintings arent really amazing these people are just focusing on the COLORS

• Mandi Powell

Wait… @2:26 did his father say that, spending 1-2 hours on something is not a great way to live?! What the actual fuck. Does he even know what the definition of passionate means? If someone wants to spend a lot of time on a painting, it means they actually put effort into it and care what it will look like as the end result. Unlike your disillusioned child here who is throwing paint onto a canvas and making portraits with whatever shitty color he happened to have on his palette (and just didn't feel like mixing a new color).

• Miss Bee

like its so hard to make Basquiat ig art sorry but…

• mellymelly84

He wouldn’t be hated on so much if he didn’t give off “douchy rich kid” vibes

• Arootin Sketches

I'm still waiting for the prodigy to appear

• Daimen Hazard

Modern Art is a terrible example of what we should consider as Art. And I say that as an Art student.

A prodigy is determined by their skills. The pretentious "meaning" comes afterwards. But obviously that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

• Mega Homo

How do u sell my stuff

I have paintings more on the realistic side, all portraits, but i domt know how to sell them and no mom, im not gonna sell it for like 20 dollars on facebook

• Allison R

Art is subjective and no one will paint the same way as another. Even if people are painting the same subject, it will look different from each canvas. If someone looks at this child's painting and sees complexity with the use of colour and techniques used, that's how that person views it. Abstract is not about just smearing paint on a canvas and calling it a day. It's hard not to muddy the colours together and to create depth and interest. So many people say they could do better, and in your eyes, or others, maybe you can. However, saying and doing are two different things. Art is about emotions, how someone feels looking at your piece. It's a tangible experience and it's up to those viewing it to decide what they feel. Most artists don't make money, and the famed ones didn't until after they died. Art is an escape for many that create it and those who enjoy it.

• Isaac Hartsell

I'm 15 what am I doing 😅😂

• Wet Paint

Lol that was a prodigy?

• *

This is what I call a prodigy

• Knight Esparza

Calm your paint brushes. He okay but not that good to be labled as a prodigy. You should have seen some of the other kids i went to school who painted. Even my absract painting is just as good.

• Anuja Shan

He's an INDIAN 😃

• Ricky V

You guys need to cut this kid some slack. I doubt he genuinely thinks of himself as a “child prodigy”; I’m sure Shopify just used that label for clickbait purposes. For a 15 year old, his art is amazing. Maybe not the best, but he’s 15! Give him a couple of years and I’m sure he’ll improve — both in painting and in artistic expression. I’ve also noticed many people bring up wealth. Money helps out, but it can’t buy talent. He’s not some rich kid who bought his way into recognition — he’s a young artist who had the means to be recognized. Using his wealth as a way to disregard him is wrong.
    It really upsets me to see so many ‘amateur’ abstract artists being demeaned by others because “Oh my friend does realism and she’s so much better”. You’re missing the point. Art isn’t a competition. There’s no definitive goal. Simply put, I see art as a means of expression and communication. We should celebrate different styles, not reject them.

• itarfer

What an awesome and inspiring kid. He radiates nonbinary energy too

• D G

Let's hope he doesn't end as with the same fate as Basquiat. Too many dealers hyping him up. Too much exposure. Too much money and too much promotion too soon. Sure, his art still lives on, but he's a corpse in a coffin nonetheless!

• Crescent Shade

Do you think he’s an artist at a young age? Wait till you see my friend. 8-year-old artist drawing dragons, dinosaurs, Godzilla and the Space Needle being crushed.

• Del Lunda

No hate but he isn t a child progidy at all just a rich kid who scrables some paint in a canvas living in a good country who support him but the thing i like about him is that he is so confident i need that !!

• Nora Zee

can someone tell me who he got the chance to sell his art in auction for like 6500$

• Hardlee Theyer

How is this good?

• Aeno

A broad understanding of many things does not mean a good understanding of many things.

• Kyle Jacob

Yo I went to school with this kid. It's amazing to see him doing so well for himself. This kid was actually smart as fuck. Rock on Evan!

• Danny devito is bae

Is He UsING a StREacHed cANvAS. eeEWWWWwwwW those things bend underneath the painting surface when presure is aplied. like get yourself a nice smooth mdf board. Im only 12 and I know that .

• Daniel Marquez

prodigy science fiction artist https://www.deviantart.com/danielmarquezart/gallery/

• Sandra Lemus

If you take the color away and focus on his drawing ability, it's shit

• toma

Everyone is defending the kid because of an art style. Paintings dont have to look less appealing because of an 'art style'. I just think the kid needs more practice. But I do congratulate him for presenting work to media. I dont like it when people use the excuse of art styles when it clearly needs some work. I have nothing against the kid but the paintings could be better. I hope this kid has a much brighter future for years to come

• aesthetic Garbage

Any rich kid can be an art prodigy if they want to 🙄 if he was poor doing the same thing nobody would care.

The kid at least has a geniune understanding and appreciation for art which is admirable, but he's no prodigy. He's just wealthy.

• P

Am I the only one that noticed that Michael said 12 year old instead of 15 year old at 2:03

• GamesJJ

you are awsome

• Imsoong Rai

2:02 thess guys dont even know how old he is

yea I'm salty

• Jesse Garza

ummmm. I guess nobody at Shopify knows what quality art is.

• d a n k y ッ

they look crap

• Andrea Bea

I’m happy for myself for the fact that I was able to guess what kind of art this kid makes just by reading the title 😂

• Mega4Fun

What a load of HORSE SHIT

• Mega4Fun

FAKE !!!

• Matthew Johnson

Ok, they hardly show his art…. And there’s a reason for that. He’s not that great. They are trying to build a “prodigy”

• Mark Lumley

So he goes to Paris and sees the artwork of the masters then comes home and paints "Campbells Soup Cans". I thought this was a video on a child prodigy who paints and was expecting some really awesome paintings, instead I got a video about a 15 year old who paints average looking works but sells them because he lives in the big city. Not impressed!! A child prodigy should be painting the next Mona Lisa not what he is painting.

• Gaby Lukas Art

Hello from Romania!we are 2 young boys who enjoy painting!If you like to watch children doing painting please visit our channel and subscribe!

• Ballistic Badger

The paintings are quite bad really….
    If i had one of the canvases i would just paint over it to make a new painting :/….

• Thomas J

I did the same thing like that and no one batted an eye. But good job for the kid.

• TheBlueTeen

Huh? My Painting are better than him so why am i not on youtube :((

• FD C

I am painter too, but I am not sure 🤔 where to sell them, I was drawing painting when I was 8 years old.

• SloogCat

good but not a prodigy for sure, I've seen better art in my own high school art class.

• C02 Delirious

That smarmy ass smile always gets me