Unboxing Stabilo CarbOthello Chalk Pastel Pencils 60 Tin

Hi, I’m Carley Rose, welcome to my channel. I thought I’d do this quick unboxing video today because I got these new *Stabilo Carbothello pencils, and when I had a look on Youtube to see other people getting these pencils and using them I couldn’t find any unboxing videos, so I thought I’d do one for you. I’ve just ordered them from Amazon about a week ago. I’ll put the link in the description because it’s actually a really good sale at the moment, don’t go to Eckersley’s and get these for two hundred and eighty five dollars I think they’ve got them listed there for and they’re one of the most expensive places you can get them But they’re one of the more common art stores here in Australia. I got these on Amazon for $60 USD They’re on sale at the moment, and then it was $10 USD shipping I think so it was about $90 AUD So I can’t wait to open them up and have a look! These were not meant to arrive until, I think the website thought they were coming on the 12th of July So I’m really glad that they came a little earlier because I got them so I could go in a Stabilo Illustration competition, so I’m really glad that they’ve come on time, a lot earlier than what was expected. I can’t wait to see them. Also, by the way, this is the 60 Pack. I am like, go big or go home with art supplies because I hate getting the small packs and then realising how much you love them later Only to have to go back and buy the larger pack and end up with doubles and spending more money than you wanted to. This is hard to get out of this part of the box.. Sorry, if I sound really nasally, I’m a bit sick at the moment Okey-Dokey! I love new art supplies! Plastic and plastic in boxes in boxes… You can get the wooden box as well, but I couldn’t find that nearly as cheap as I was able to get these, they’re still about $300 for the beautiful wooden box, but I don’t know it’s probably worth it if you can afford it How do I open this tin? Okay, here we go. Ohhh! oh They’re so beautiful. I love art supplies so much. So there’s two two layers. Yes, and it comes with thee ugh, I think it’s a… That’s one of the erasers. I thought it was a gummy one, but oh yeah it is. It’s like a kind of like a big piece of Blu Tack, but it’s really good for rubbing stuff out and for dabbing stuff off and Just their little pencil sharpener, but I’ve heard that the best way to sharpen these is to actually Use a little knife rather than the pencil sharpeners, but that’s good it all comes together in the tin. Oh They’re so nice. I can’t wait to start using them so the reason I bought them was A: because I was given birthday money, and I love getting art supplies with my birthday money and B: because I’m entering a Stabilo Illustration competition which was running for people who had been to my college or to some other colleges that are kind of linked with it and um I have to have that submitted by the 30th of June So I’m really glad that these came on time because I have to use the stabilo Products, you can only use stabilo products so I can use this and my stabilo 88 Point Fine Liners as well which will be great and I might post some progress videos of that as well. I’m hoping to start progress, uh, sorry start posting more videos of Progress of doing illustration and fashion illustration and and some different art stuff as well I’m wanting to get back into more drawing and that kind of thing so that’s what you can look forward to on my channel Thanks for watching. I hope this has helped if you are thinking about getting the carbothello chalk pencils They’re chalk pencils by the way if you didn’t already know that but I assume if you’re watching this video You know what they are I might also post some videos on on how I use them That’ll be a separate video. I’m sure I’ll put up in the future and Maybe also show you how I use them with my other art supplies. I don’t have a lot of Stabilo stuff, but I’ve got a Bunch of other stuff some gouache and some watercolor pencils and some watercolors that I want to start using a lot more so Hopefully, you’ll come back and watch some more of my videos. Thanks for watching and I hope this has helped in some way. Thanks. Bye

• demon6937

wow

• MJ ROMERO

I already have them, but I truly enjoyed your re-boxing, as I feel EXACTLY the same way about art supplies!

• ART KLAILSSON

uall,meus parabens e sucesso. like 🙂

• Pink Poodle Crafts

I looked these up because my friend gave me a very vintage set of these pencils… and i just wanted to see what was said about them on youtube. The set I have is from the 50s I would guess, 3 are missing out of the set of 24. Im not drawing artist, I do a lot of mixed media so I look forward to playing with them in that fashion 🙂

• Tina Louise Garard

what paper do you use? can get it in Australia

• Jacquie Hayes

No, I dint know what "chalk pencils" are….would love a demonstration of what these do and maybe see what the difference between chalk and other pencils. I'm new to coloured pencils, trying to learn as much as possible. Liked your video….I to love art supplies:) lol

• My Panda Paints

Hi. This message is partially for you and partially for viewers. Carb-Othello are artists' grade pastel pencils and not chalk pastel pencils. While children's pastels are chalk pastels due to their high chalk content, anything beyond that fall into simply PASTELS, sometimes called soft pastels to differentiate from oil pastels, and depending on their hardness, soft can be replaced with medium, or hard.

The reason being is that chalk pastels are made with chalk, other binders, and non-toxic dyes (similar to food coloring). Pastels on the other hand are made with pigments (the same used to make artist's grade paints), and binder (some colors are even simply pure pigment!). The more binder and filler, the more student grade it becomes. Artists' pastel pencils are similarly made to pastels but with a small extra amount of binder to keep it from crumbling within the casing, though it may still do so if the pencil is dropped. Hope this information helped.

Also, artists' grade pastels should definitely be used with plenty of ventilation as some pigments can be toxic. There will be a sign on the box on those which contain toxic pigments though they rarely tell you which ones they are. Good luck with your pencils! Pastels are one of my favorite mediums to work with. Though I might say that about all of them!

• Mickey Lavoie

You say they are not chalk pastels but that is exact;y what it says on the box?????

• TerrieJ DimestoreDivaTV

Hi Carly I hope you are still enjoying your pencils! I am buying the 60 set next week. I always buy the biggest set too, because I do not want the overlap of colors upgrading.

• TerrieJ DimestoreDivaTV

gah! You closed the box and I had to rewind!

• Silent Bryan

What do you enjoy drawling

• Sharon Newman

At least we can concentrate on our art now rather than focus on our genocide instigated by the NWO and hilairy Clintons plan to depopulate the world by 2020 . Thanks God for Trump who stopped this evil!

• Master dan

Ow mai gods

• Andre Burke

Check out Cong Nguyen he’s an artist who uses Stabilo often. Check him out on You tube

• moi LU122lk

มึงเป็นคนไทยไหน

• joao victor oliveira rodrigues

Só tem linha profissional?

• kevin tc

No te entendi ni verga no se ingles ni ustedes español😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Louisa Cooper

You forgot to mention they are partial auqarelle. Aquarelle is French for watercolour. What they mean by partial is anybody's guess?